Every seriously ill child has the best possible healthcare.
- Every seriously ill child has a specialist nurse. Every child with a serious illness in the UK should have access to the knowledge, skills and experience required to meet their healthcare needs, no matter where they live. That’s why we create and fund specialist nursing posts within the NHS across the UK.
- Every seriously ill child receives quality care. It is essential that children’s nurses across the UK are fully supported to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to deliver the best care possible. That’s why we provide professional support to our Roald Dahl nurses to enhance their skills and foster innovation to improve services for seriously ill children.
Overarching aims, 2017-2020
- Funding up to 15 new paediatric nursing posts across the UK covering areas of need, whilst supporting NHS Trusts to retain existing Roald Dahl posts.
- Ensuring Roald Dahl nurses are recognised as delivering a marvellous standard of care, whilst demonstrating leadership and innovation within the health and social care sector.
- Increasing awareness of the work of Roald Dahl nurses amongst both the general public and across the NHS.
- Creating an infrastructure to support Roald Dahl nurses across the UK, which will include professional training grants and the opportunity to request individual grants for families in their care.
- Leading partnerships, not just with the NHS, but with funders such as the Burdett Trust, St. James’s Place Foundation, other charities and any organisation working to improve the lives of seriously ill children.
- Promoting quality of care in transition from children’s to adults’ NHS services.
- Advocating innovation in paediatric care.
 The term ‘Roald Dahl nurses’ is inclusive of other healthcare professions funded by the charity, which encompass seriously ill children’s holistic needs, including psychological needs.
In order to support the delivery of our charitable mission, we raise money in various ways including through corporate partnerships, grants, fundraising events and donations. We are very grateful to all of our generous supporters without whom our work would not be possible.
If you have a specific query about the charity which is not answered on this website, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team.