How do I book a school visit?
All group visits must be booked in advance. To book a visit contact us on 01494 892192 (Text Relay 18001 01494 892192) or click here to contact us online.
When booking, please specify:
- preferred dates and times
- preferred session
- year group and ability
- number of goody bags required
- any special needs or requirements
Useful booking information
- Galleries-based 90 minute sessions run Tuesday to Friday and some Mondays*. Archive-based 180 minute sessions run Tuesday and Wednesday and some Mondays*.
- Our sessions include small group activities where your children will work with your adult helpers. Your group will get the most from this part of your visit with adults who are happy to facilitate these activities.
- To help you with this, we offer one free adult place for every 6 children that you bring.
- All sessions are suitable for up to 32 students.
- You can combine all our sessions with our self-led Village Trail which will allow you to explore Great Missenden and its connections with Roald Dahl.
- Or, if you book a galleries-based 90 minute session you can replace the self-led Village Trail with a Guided Village Walk, led by a member of the Learning Team.
Explore sessions for years 2 to 4
Explore sessions for years 5 to 8
* Please note that although we offer school sessions on some Mondays, the Museum is closed to the public on Mondays so the shop and café will not be open.
We provide two Golden Tickets per school to allow teachers to visit the Museum in advance and carry out their own risk assessment.
Health and safety
You can access health and safety information using the links on the right hand side of this page.
For more information on accessibility please read or download our accessibility statement.
Terms and conditions
You can access our terms and conditions using the links on the right hand side of this page.