EXECUTIVE THEATRE PRODUCER
The Executive Theatre Producer will transition The Roald Dahl Story Company from a traditional licensor of rights to a theatrical production company. Working in partnership with the Head of Theatre, Jenny Worton and the Story Company’s agents, they will shape and realise artistic strategy.
As senior theatrical producer for the company, the Executive Theatre Producer will establish and develop the necessary partnerships on a national and international level, to enable the development, delivery and exploitation of The Roald Dahl Story Company’s theatrical productions and projects.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With the Head of Theatre, shaping and realising the theatre department’s strategy for adapting the canon of work.
- Conceiving bespoke production and financial models for each of the titles
- Identifying producing partners for each project (commercial or subsidized as appropriate)
- Working closely with general management companies to protect and deliver the projects
- Negotiating agreements between the Roald Dahl Story Company and its partners, acting in the organisation’s financial and creative interests
- Negotiating and contracting all elements of the development process
- Financial planning and budget management for the theatre department
and each of its productions
- Supporting the Head of Theatre in creating the development programme
for each project
- Ensuring the deliverability of all productions and exploiting the national
and international potential in profile and income
- Alongside the Head of Theatre, develop the long-term capacity and
personnel of the theatre department.
- Our ideal candidate is a seasoned theatre producer, with a minimum of five years’ experience in either the subsidized or commercial sector, and some experience of UK and international touring.
- The Head of Theatre is creating an artist-led development process committed to creating diverse, accessible and excellent theatre. We are looking for a partner passionate about this way of working, who can bring their expertise to the field of contemporary adaptation; a creative person who wants to help shape a new production company.
- A knowledge of family theatre and musicals would be an advantage, but an enthusiasm for both is essential.
- We are looking for a passionate Roald Dahl fan who understands the power of the canon and the strength of the brand.
- The role also requires a strong negotiator with solid commercial and business acumen.
HOURS AND RENUMERATION
- We expect this role to start part-time rising to full-time once productions are underway.
- We are interested in hearing from candidates with a range of availabilities and would tailor the role to fit the right person’s capacity. We are a family-friendly organization and can offer flexible working.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- The Roald Dahl Story Company Ltd is based in Marble Arch, London
If you have any questions or would like to have a brief informal conversation about the role in advance of applying, please email email@example.com
Please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Monday 26 Febraury 2018.