The Roald Dahl Museum's writer-in-residence in 2013 shares his creative writing tips.
Author of many books for children including The Island of Thieves, Bearkeeper, The Dragonsitter and the Grk series. The Dragonsitter was shortlisted for the Roald Dahl Funny Prize 2012. Josh was the Roald Dahl Museum's writer-in-residence in 2013.
1. Just start writing. Don't worry about what you're going to say. See where the words take you.
2. Invent a name. Now tell the story about the person who has that name.
3. Look out of the window. What can you see?
4. Read a book. If you want to be a good writer, you have to be a good reader.
5. Have a nap. You can't be creative if you're tired.
Find out more about Josh and his books on his website.