Some first-rate drawing tips from illustrator Chris Haughton.
Creator of Oh No George!, which was shortlisted for The Roald Dahl Funny Prize 2012. Chris ran some phizz-whizzing workshops at the Roald Dahl Museum in 2013. Take a look at Chris's top drawing tips:
1. Let the picture tell the story. Make a drawing first and then come up with the story around it.
2. Fold up a page a few times and start a drawing with 2 or more people. Each one takes a turn and then folds the paper again. In the end you can unfold it and then you can see what you have drawn all together.
3. Draw a before and an after drawing. Try to think of the things can happen in just two drawings.
4. Draw a squiggle or a paint blob and then try to make it into a character.
5. When you have made a character imagine what could happen to them.
Find out more about Chris and his work on his website.