At Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity we are committed to ensuring that our fundraising is legal, open, honest and respectful. As a member of the Fundraising Regulator you can give with confidence, knowing that we comply with their principles.
We Are Committed to High Standards
- We adhere to the Fundraising Code of Conduct.
- We do all we can to monitor and ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising third parties working with us to raise funds, also comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice.
- We comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
We Are Clear, Honest and Open
- We will tell the truth and will not exaggerate.
- We will do what we say we are going to do with the donations we receive.
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do.
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation.
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make the relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
- We are able to explain our fundraising costs and if challenged, can show they are in the best interests of the charity.
We Are Respectful
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to stop giving, we will respect your decision.
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We Will Be Fair and Reasonable
- We will treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We will take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
We Will Be Accountable and Responsible
- We will manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising, our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- We ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible. If you are unhappy with anything we've done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint.
- We will listen to feedback and respond appropriately to compliments and criticism we receive.
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request. Our complaints procedure also lets you know how to contact the Fundraising Regulator in the event that any response to a complaint about our fundraising is felt to be unsatisfactory.
- We monitor and record the number of fundraising complaints we receive each year and will share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.
If you would like to find out more visit the Fundraising Regulator website.